We have arranged a full comparison of Dimensity 1200 vs Snapdragon 768G where these SoCs are launched by Mediatek and Qualcomm respectively. Now we have compared these two 8 core processors on the basis of their pros and cons, Geekbench, Antutu, and technical specifications.
Tenzys Tech Score
- 1 Major differences between Dimensity 1200 Vs Snapdragon 768G
- 2 Full comparison between Dimensity 1200 vs Snapdragon 768G
- 3 Gaming Performance
- 4 Antutu 8
- 5 GeekBench 5
- 6 Display
- 7 CPU
- 8 Graphics
- 9 Memory
- 10 Multimedia (ISP)
- 11 Connectivity
- 12 Info
- 13 Additional
- 14 Review by Tenzys Tech
- 15 Q n A
- 16 Kirin 9000 vs Apple A14 Bionic – Full Comparison and Benchmarks
- 17 Snapdragon 778G vs Snapdragon 768G | Full comparison
- 18 Snapdragon 780G vs Snapdragon 778G | Benchmarks and Full Specifications
Major differences between Dimensity 1200 Vs Snapdragon 768G
Pros of Mediatek Dimensity 1200
- Dimensity 1200 shows 79.06% better AnTuTu 8 score (622409 vs 347592).
- Peak Download Speed of Dimensity 1200 is 27.02% higher than Snapdragon 768G. (4.7 vs 3.7 Gbps).
- Peak Upload Speed of Dimensity 1200 is 56.25% higher than Snapdragon 768G. (2.5 vs 1.6 Gbps).
- Dimensity 1200 supports 33.33% higher memory (RAM) capacity than SD 768G (16 vs 12 GB).
- Dimensity 1200 has a 7.14% higher CPU clock speed than Snapdragon 768G (3000 vs 2800 MHz).
- GPU frequency of Dimensity 1200 is 13.33% better as compared to Snapdragon 768G ( 850 vs 750 MHz).
- Memory frequency of Dimensity 1200 is 100% higher than Snapdragon 768G (4266 vs 2133 MHz).
- Dimensity 1200 has a 14.28% smaller size transistor (6 nm versus 7 nm).
- Dimensity 1200 is the latest SOC as announced 8-months later than Snapdragon 768G.
Pros of Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G
- Optimization for gaming by developers is more often for snapdragon processors as compared to dimensity processors.
- Snapdragon 768G has 50% lower TDP than Dimensity 1200 (5 vs 10 Watt).
- Instruction set is latest hence better.
Full comparison between Dimensity 1200 vs Snapdragon 768G
|SoC:||Dimensity 1200||Snapdragon 768G|
|Games||FPS(Frames Per Second)||FPS(Frames Per Second)|
|PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG Mobile)||–||52.7|
|Garena Free Fire – The Cobra||–||56.7|
|Call of Duty: Mobile||–||39.1|
|Grand Theft Auto V (GTA 5 Mobile)||–||44.9|
|Minecraft: Pocket Edition||–||72.2|
|Real Racing 3||–||85.1|
|Need for Speed No Limits||–||102.1|
|Mortal Kombat X||–||82.2|
|CSR Racing 2||–||68|
Also Checkout: Dimensity 1200 vs Snapdragon 780G
|Max On-Device Display||Full HD+ @ 168 Hz||QHD+ @ 60 Hz , FHD+ @ 120 Hz|
|Max On-Display Resolution||2520 x 1080||3200 x 1800|
|Max External Display||4K @ 60 Hz||4K @ 60 Hz|
|HDR||HDR10+, HDR10||HDR10+, HDR10|
|Color Depth||Up to 10-bit||Up to 10-bit|
|Architecture||1x 3 GHz – Cortex-A78|
3x 2.6 GHz – Cortex-A78
4x 2 GHz – Cortex-A55
|1x 2.8 GHz – Kryo 475 Prime (Cortex-A76)|
1x 2.4 GHz – Kryo 475 Gold (Cortex-A76)
6x 1.8 GHz – Kryo 475 Silver (Cortex-A55)
|Base Frequency||2000 MHz||1800 MHz|
|3000 MHz||2800 MHz|
|Process||6 nanometers||7 nanometers|
|TDP||10 Watt||5 Watt|
|GPU name||Mali-G77 MC9||Adreno 620|
|GPU frequency||850 MHz||750 MHz|
|Memory frequency||4266 MHz||2133 MHz|
|Bus||4x 16 Bit||2x 16 Bit|
|Max bandwidth||–||17 Gbit/s|
|Max size||16 GB||12 GB|
|Neural processor (NPU)||Yes||Hexagon 696|
|Storage type||UFS 3.1||UFS 3.0|
|Max display resolution||2520 x 1080||3200 x 1800|
|Max camera resolution||1x 200MP, 2x 32MP||1x 192MP, 2x 22MP|
|Video capture||4K at 30FPS||4K at 30FPS|
|Video playback||4K at 30FPS||4K at 30FPS|
|Video codecs||H.264, H.265, AV1, VP9||H.264, H.265, VP8, VP9|
|Audio codecs||AIFF, CAF, MP3, MP4, WAV||AAC, AIFF, CAF, MP3, MP4, WAV|
Also Read: Snapdragon 870 vs Snapdragon 768G
|4G support||LTE Cat. 19||LTE Cat. 18|
|Peak Download speed||Upto 4.7 Gbps||5G Band- Up to 3.7 Gbps, LTE – Up to 1.2 Gbps|
|Peak Upload speed||Upto 2.5 Gbps||5G Band- Up to 1.6 Gbps, LTE- Up to 210 Mbps|
|Navigation||GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, NAVIC||GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS|
|Announced||January 2021||May 2020|
|Official page||MediaTek Dimensity 1200 official site||Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G official site|
|Charging||NA||Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology|
Qualcomm Quick Charge AI
Review by Tenzys Tech
CPU of Dimensity 1200 is clocked up to 3.0 GHz while Snapdragon 768G is clocked up to 2.8 GHz which makes the MediaTek Dimensity 1200 a better chipset.
MediaTek Dimensity 1200 is equipped with Mali-G77 MC9 GPU while the snapdragon 768G is equipped with Adreno 620. Frankly, Mali-G77 MC9 is a much better GPU than Adreno 620. Also, the frequency of the GPU of Dimensity 1200 is higher than the GPU of Snapdragon 768G. Also Read: Snapdragon 780G vs Snapdragon 768G.
The maximum memory (RAM) supported by Dimensity 1200 is 16 GB while on another hand Snapdragon 768G supports only 12 GB of RAM. In fact, the memory frequency of Dimensity 1200 is 4266 MHz while in Snapdragon 768G it is 2133 MHz. So in this section Dimensity 1200 would be a good option.
Display and Camera
In-display section, Dimensity 1200 supports display up to 2520 x 1080 resolution with 168Hz refresh rate while display resolution in Snapdragon 768G supports only up to 3200 x 1800 with 144 Hz refresh rate only. So there is a tough competition between the screen comparison between Dimensity 1200 vs Snapdragon 768G. So, it’s up to you that which one you can prefer. Let us know in the comment box which one you can prefer.
Energy efficiency and battery life
As the facts are seen by the specifications in which Dimensity 1200 built on 6nm process technology with 10 Watt TDP while on another hand Snapdragon 768G built on 7nm technology with 5 Watt TDP. This concludes that Snapdragon 768G has less no. of transistors as compared to Dimensity 1200. But the TDP (Thermal Design Power) of Dimensity 1200 is higher as compared to Snapdragon 768G. But if we talk about overall energy efficiency then the TDP factor is dominant over the Nanometer Technology which means Snapdragon 768G has better energy efficiency.
MediaTek Dimensity 1200
Overall a good chipset in a flagship series.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G
Good performer in upper mid-range Series of smartphones.
Q n A
Which is better MediaTek Dimensity 1200 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G?
Dimensity 1200 is better than Snapdragon 768G as Dimensity 1200 in most of the segments like Process technology, connectivity, memory, CPU (3.0 GHz vs 2.8 GHz), GPU performs better as compared to Snapdragon 768G.