We have arranged a full comparison of Dimensity 1200 VS Snapdragon 780G in which both the SoCs are recently launched. Now we have compared these two 8 core processors on the basis of their pros and cons, Geekbench, Antutu, and technical specifications.
Tenzys Tech Score
- 1 Major differences between Dimensity 1200 Vs Snapdragon 780G
- 2 Full comparison between Dimensity 1200 vs Snapdragon 780G
- 3 Gaming Performance
- 4 Antutu 9
- 5 GeekBench 5
- 6 Display
- 7 CPU
- 8 Graphics
- 9 Memory
- 10 Multimedia (ISP)
- 11 Connectivity
- 12 Info
- 13 Additional
- 14 Review by Tenzys Tech
- 15 Q n A
- 16 Mediatek Helio G96 vs Dimensity 700: Reviews and Benchmarks
- 17 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 vs Apple A15 Bionic: Reviews and Benchmarks
- 18 Dimensity 720 vs Snapdragon 720G: Review and Benchmarks
Major differences between Dimensity 1200 Vs Snapdragon 780G
Pros of Mediatek Dimensity 1200
- Dimensity 1200 shows 18.40% better AnTuTu 8 score (622409 vs 525664).
- Peak Download Speed of Dimensity 1200 is 42.43% higher than Snapdragon 780G. (4813 vs 3379 Mbps).
- Peak Upload Speed of Dimensity 1200 is 108.33% higher than Snapdragon 780G. (2500 vs 1200 Mbps).
- Dimensity 1200 supports 33.33% higher memory (RAM) capacity than SD 780G (16 vs 12 GB).
- Dimesnity 1200 has a 25% higher CPU clock speed than Snapdragon 780G (3000 vs 2400 MHz).
- GPU frequency of Dimensity 1200 is 73.46% better as compared to Snapdragon 780G (850 vs 490).
- Memory frequency of Dimensity 1200 is 100% higher than Snapdragon 780G (4266 vs 2133 MHz).
Pros of Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G
- Optimization for gaming by developers is more often for snapdragon processors as compared to dimensity processors.
- Snapdragon 780G is the latest SOC as announced 2-months later than Dimensity 1200.
- Snapdragon 780G has a 20% smaller size transistor (5 nm versus 6 nm).
Full comparison between Dimensity 1200 vs Snapdragon 780G
|SoC:||Snapdragon 8 Gen 1||Snapdragon 780G|
|Call of Duty: Mobile||–||–|
|World of Tanks Blitz||–||–|
|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang||–||–|
|Max On-Device Display||Full HD+ @ 168 Hz||Up to FHD @ 144 Hz|
|Max On-Display Resolution||2520 x 1080||2220 x 1080|
|Max External Display||4K @ 60 Hz||4K @ 60 Hz|
|HDR||HDR10+, HDR10||HDR10+, HDR10, HLG|
|Color Depth||Up to 10-bit||Up to 10-bit|
|Architecture||1x 3 GHz – Cortex-A78|
3x 2.6 GHz – Cortex-A78
4x 2 GHz – Cortex-A55
|1x 2.4 GHz – Kryo 670 Prime (Cortex-A78)|
3x 2.2 GHz – Kryo 670 Gold (Cortex-A78)
4x 1.9 GHz – Kryo 670 Silver (Cortex-A55)
|Base Frequency||2000 MHz||1900 MHz|
|3000 MHz||2400 MHz|
|L1 cache||–||512 KB|
|L2 cache||–||1 MB|
|L3 cache||–||2 MB|
|Process||6 nanometers||5 nanometers|
|TDP||10 Watt||5 Watt|
|GPU name||Mali-G77 MC9||Adreno 642|
|GPU frequency||850 MHz||490 MHz|
|Memory frequency||4266 MHz||2133 MHz|
|Bus||4x 16 Bit||2x 16 Bit|
|Max bandwidth||–||17 Gbit/s|
|Max size||16 GB||12 GB|
|Neural processor (NPU)||Yes||Hexagon 770|
|Storage type||UFS 3.1||UFS 3.0|
|Max display resolution||2520 x 1080||2220 x 1080|
|Max camera resolution||1x 200MP, 2x 32MP||1x 192MP, 2x 20MP|
|Video capture||4K at 30FPS||4K at 30FPS|
|Video playback||4K at 30FPS||4K at 30FPS|
|Video codecs||H.264, H.265, AV1, VP9||H.264, H.265, VP8, VP9|
|Audio codecs||AIFF, CAF, MP3, MP4, WAV||AAC, AIFF, CAF, MP3, MP4, WAV|
|4G support||LTE Cat. 19||LTE Cat. 24|
|Peak Download speed||Upto 4813 Mbps||Up to 3379 Mbps|
|Peak Upload speed||Upto 2500 Mbps||Up to 1200 Mbps|
|Navigation||GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, NAVIC||GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS, NAVIC|
|Announced||January 2021||March 2021|
|Official page||MediaTek Dimensity 1200 official site||Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G official site|
|Charging||NA||Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 4 technology|
Review by Tenzys Tech
CPU of Dimensity 1200 is clocked up to 3.0 GHz while Snapdragon 780G is clocked up to 2.4 GHz which makes the MediaTek Dimensity 1200 a better chipset.
MediaTek Dimensity 1200 is equipped with Mali-G77 MC9 GPU while the snapdragon 780G is equipped with Adreno 642. Frankly, Mali-G77 MC9 is a much better GPU than Adreno 642. Also, the frequency of GPU of Dimensity 1200 is higher than the GPU of Snapdragon 780G.
The maximum memory (RAM) supported by Dimensity 1200 is 16 GB while on another hand Snapdragon780G supports only 12 GB of RAM. In fact, the memory frequency of Dimensity 1200 is 4266 MHz while in Snapdragon 780G it is 2133 MHz. So in this section Dimensity 1200 would be a good option.
Display and Camera
In-display section, Dimensity 1200 supports display up to 2520 x 1080 resolution with 168Hz refresh rate while display resolution in Snapdragon 780G supports only up to 2220 x 1080 with 144 Hz refresh rate only.
Energy efficiency and battery life
As the facts are seen by the specifications in which Dimensity 1200 built on 6nm process technology with 10 Watt TDP while on another hand Snapdragon 780G built on 5nm technology with 5 Watt TDP. This concludes that Snapdragon 780G is better than Dimensity 1200 as the small size semiconductor indicates the more no. of transistors embedded in SOC (System On Chip) which is not only energy efficient but also significantly enhances the performance of the chipset.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Plus
The best chipset in a flagship series of Qualcomm in 2021.
Apple A15 Bionic
The latest and best processor of 2021 from Apple for IOS devices.
MediaTek Dimensity 1200
Overall a good chipset in a flagship series.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G
The best chipset in the mid-tier range (700 series) of Qualcomm.
Q n A
Q1. Which is better MediaTek Dimensity 1200 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G?
Ans. Dimensity 1200 is better than Snapdragon 780G as Dimensity 1200 in most of the segments like connectivity, memory, CPU (3.0 GHz vs 2.4 GHz), GPU Dimensity 1200 performs better as compared to Snapdragon 780G.