The Snapdragon 865 plus (865+) is the latest flagship mobile processor platform introduced by Qualcomm on 8 July, 2020. It is the high-end variant of Snapdragon 865 SoC with increased clock speed in both CPU and GPU Sections. This time it crosses the 3 GHz threshold capacity by increasing its clock speed upto 3.1 GHz.
It also has the latest versions of Bluetooth (v5.2) and Wi-fi (Wi-fi 6E). This latest SoC equipped with Snapdragon Elite Gaming features which deliver remarkable speed and efficiency, plus jaw-dropping graphics and audio. Also, with updateable GPU drivers with available latest optimizations in real-time, bringing desktop-quality performance to mobile gaming arenas.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 plus manufactured on TSMC 7 nm process technology which increase its power efficiency and performance and reduce the latency and heating effects for making it a good deal for long sessions of gaming and implementations of heavy and high-end tasks and applications.
The Snapdragon 865 plus packed with robust Kryo 585 CPU which boasts an up to 10% improvement from the Snapdragon 865 5G SoC. It is engineered for intense and efficient mobile computing. This platform supports flawless gameplay and long lasting battery life.
The Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X55 5G Modem-RF System unleashes speeds up to 7.5 Gbps for smooth, immersive cloud-based gaming. Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 plus SoC support across all key regions, spectrum bands, and modes provides complete flexibility and accessibility to gamers virtually everywhere.
Suit up for a new class of Wi-Fi 6 performance in Snapdragon 865 plus SoC with the new FastConnect 6900 System, featuring 6 GHz operation (with Wi-Fi 6E). It has 4-stream Dual Band Simultaneous (DBS) and more. This SoC give the fastest mobile speed experience available in the industry (up to 3.6 Gbps) with VR-class low latency and high capacity for unprecedented reliability in congested places. Which means blazing speed connectivity.
Snapdragon 865 plus has top-of-the-line 5th gen Qualcomm AI Engine is twice as powerful as its predecessor. The Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Tensor Accelerator pushes AI performance with maximum battery efficiency for the cutting-edge AI use cases. It has a quadcore NPU hardware for heavy AI task handling.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 plus SoC has a 2 x 4 way set associative 64 kb of L1 cache (128 KB), 1x 8 way set associative 512 kb of L2 cache and 4 MB of L3 cache with respect to prime cache organisation.
Snapdragon 865 plus comes with two options in the memory segment (RAM). The first one is LPDDR4x Quad-channel 16-bit (64-bit) 2133 MHz (33.6 GB) and the another one is LPDDR5 Quad-channel 16-bit (64-bit) 2750 MHz (44 GB/s).
The CPU segment of Snapdragon 865 Plus makes this SoC breathless and record breaking processor. It incredibly equipped with 3.1 GHz clock speed which makes this SoC the first mobile processor which comes with this kind of blazing processing speed.
Its CPU consist of single Cortex A77 @ 3.1 GHz , triple cortex A77 cpu @ 2.42 GHz and quad cortex A55 cpu @ 1.80 Ghz of clock speed. For the core detail section it has single core of 3.091 GHz Kryo 585, triple core of 2.42 GHz Kryo 585 and quad core of 1.80 GHz Kryo 585 latest cores. The is processed on 7nm process technology with 64 bit CPU architecture which reduces energy expenditure and latency. Hence, increase its performance.
Snapdragon 865 plus has Qualcomm® Adreno™ 650 GPU which has 10% increase in its clock speed up to 645 MHz instead of 587 MHz its predecessors clock speed i.e snapdragon 865 SoC, says Qualcomm. It can able to rendering for 8K VR volumetric video playback with API support.
This snapdragon 865 plus SoC has Qualcomm® Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engine which is equipped with Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Vector eXtensions (HVX), Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Tensor Accelerator, Qualcomm® Sensing Hub, Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 698 Processor with 15 TOPS (Trillion Operations per second) AI including CPU+GPU+HVX+TENSOR, Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Scalar Accelerator. It is a quadcore NPU (neural processing unit) which helps to work for neural network applications like facial image processing and extraction with voice detection and also collaborate with other hardware like CPU (Qualcomm® Kryo™ 585 CPU) and GPU (Qualcomm® Adreno™ 650 GPU for effective coordination.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 plus flagship level SoC equipped with the compatibility of 4K resolution at 60 Hz and QHD+ resolution with up to 144 Hz refresh rate. For the external display it supports 4K resolution at 60 HZ refresh rate. It supports HDR10+ and HDR10 certified display quality with upto 10-bit of color depth along with Rec.2020 colour Gamut.
If we talk about its camera section, Snapdragon 865 plus comes with Qualcomm Spectra™ 480 image signal processor (ISP), Hardware accelerator for computer vision (CV-ISP) and Dual 14-bit CV-ISPs. For Dual Camera, ZSL, at 30fps it supportsup to 25 MP resolution and for single camera MFNR, ZSL, 30fps it supports up to 64 MP resolution.
For Single Camera it supports up to 200 MP burst with HEIF photo capturing feature. It supports720p @ 960 FPS for Slow Motion Video Capturing with Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, HEVC video formats.It can support video capturing at 4K resolution with simultaneous 64 MP photo capture with Rec. 2020 color gamut video capture and up to 10-bit of colour depth.
The video codec like Dolby Vision, H.265 (HEVC), HDR10+, HLG, HDR10, H.264 (AVC), VP8, VP9 can be easily handled by this flagship SoC of 2020.
With this Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 plus mobile SoC you can easily play your favourite high end heavy games without any interruptions with seamless experience like PUBG, Fortnite, COD (Call of Duty), free-fire, Asphalt 9 with up to 60 FPS effectively, efficiently and easily. This flag ship SoC easily handle your long heavy and high-end gaming sessions effortlessly due to its unbeatable and incredibly fast and flagship high-end CPU, GPU and NPU (AI) hardware collaboration.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 plus processor supports Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 4+ TechnologyQualcomm® along with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ AI smart auto disconnectivity features which will capable to rapid juice up your huge battery and safe charging for long life respectively.
For the security purpose of Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 plus SoC and for securing user’s data it comes with Fingerprint Sensor with Qualcomm® 3D Sonic and Qualcomm® 3D Sonic Max technology. Secure Processing Unit of this SoC consist of all types of Biometric Authentications such as Fingerprint, Iris, Voice, Face recognition due to its dedicated AI Hexagon quadcore NPU.
This SoC comes with all the Security Features like Camera Security, Crypto Engine, Key Provisioning Security, Malware Protection, Qualcomm® Content Protection, Qualcomm® Mobile Security, Qualcomm® Processor Security, Qualcomm® Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), Secure Boot and Secure Token.
In the Audio Technology snapdragon 865 plus equipped with Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Voice Assistant Accelerator, Qualcomm Aqstic™ audio codec up to Qualcomm® WCD9385, Qualcomm Aqstic™ smart speaker amplifier up to Qualcomm® WSA8815 and Qualcomm Aqstic™ audio technology. The great audio experience with the above features provide you sharp dolby surround sound support for crisp audio experience.
Cellular Modem: It comes with the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X55 5G modem-RF system which is a 5G based modem makes the SoC advanced for future proof. However, if we talk about cellular technology, it supports HSPA, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, CDMA 1x, EV-DO, GSM/EDGE along with LTE including CBRS support.
Wi-Fi: Snapdragon 865 plus comes with all latest wi-fi standards along with the traditional too such asWi-Fi 6, Wi-Fi 6-ready, Wi-Fi 6E, 802.11ad, 802.11ay, 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g, 802.11n.
The new Qualcomm® Wi-Fi 6 technology give amazing features which are MU-MIMO (Uplink and Downlink), 8×8 sounding, 160 MHz channel support, OFDMA (Uplink and Downlink), 1024 QAM, 4K QAM, Dual-band simultaneous (DBS), WPA3 security support, Target Wake Time, 6 GHz operation (Wi-Fi 6E) along with the 3 spectrum bands that are 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and 6 GHz with a peak speed up to 3.6 GB per second.
Snapdragon 865+ SoC also packed with Qualcomm® 60 GHz Wi-Fi technology which gives you Always-on Wi-Fi sensing, Wire-equivalent latency and much more.
Bluetooth: This Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 plus SoC comes with Bluetooth version 5.2 which means quick and strong connectivity with great features. Bluetooth Audio profile consist of Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive Audio, LE Audio Features, aptX Voice audio for super wide band voice calls, Qualcomm TrueWireless™ Stereo.
NFC (Near Field Connections): It supports NFC with seamless connectivity with your various accessories’ peripherals.
Location: For the location services Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 plus is equipped with Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, Dual frequency GNSS, NavIC enabled, GPS, GNSS, QZSS, SBAS.
USB: In the USB connectivity, it supports USB version 3.1 along with USB type-C connectivity for fast and rapid connectivity options.
Qualcomm® FastConnect™ Subsystem Feature include Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Subsystem that is Qualcomm® FastConnect™ 6900 Which ill provide you better and eye-blinking Wi-fi and Bluetooth connectivity options with all your wireless streaming tasks.
Wi-Fi 6 features of Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 plus mobile SoC consist of MU-MIMO (Uplink and Downlink), 8×8 sounding, 6 GHz operation (Wi-Fi 6E), OFDMA (Uplink and Downlink), 1024 QAM, Dual-band simultaneous (DBS), WPA3 security support, Target Wake Time with 160 MHz channel support.
The devices which are using or upcoming with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus processor are described as:
Asus ROG Phone 3 (using)
Lenovo Legion Duel (upcoming)
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 (Upcoming)
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G (Upcoming)
Nubia Red Magic 5 Plus (Upcoming)
Xiaomi Mi Pro 10+ (Upcoming)
Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus Feature Highlights
- Qualcomm® Kryo™ 585 provides 10% performance boost compared to Snapdragon 865.
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 650 GPU delivers up to 10% faster graphics rendering from Snapdragon 865.
- Full suite of Snapdragon Elite Gaming features including: Desktop Forward Rendering, Qualcomm® Game Color Plus v2.0, Qualcomm® Game Smoother.
- True 10-bit HDR gaming and first-ever updatable GPU drivers on mobile.
- FastConnect 6900 extends leading Wi-Fi 6 technology features and integrates advanced audio capabilities.
- 6 GHz operation (Wi-Fi 6E) dramatically expands Wi-Fi capacity Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 plus SoC by adding up to 1200 MHz of additional spectrum for Wi-Fi use.
- 4-Stream (2×2 + 2×2) Dual Band Simultaneous harnesses multiple antennas and bands to provide superior speed/latency performance compared with common two-stream implementations.
- Bluetooth 5.2, Dual Bluetooth Antennas, aptX Suite and new LE audio features combine to support crisp, reliable and responsive audio.
- Supports global roaming and global multi-SIM.
- Supports all key regions and frequency bands including mmWave, sub-6, TDD, FDD and Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS).
- Compatible with both standalone and non-standalone modes.
- CV-ISP operates at 2 Gigapixels per second.
- No limit HD slow-motion video capture at 960 FPS.
- Dolby Vision for video capture on mobile.
- Qualcomm® Sensing Hub.
- Low power AI voice assistant support with contextual awareness.
- Supports voice, audio and sensors.
- Hexagon Voice Assistant Accelerator for advanced voice use cases.
- Qualcomm Aqstic™ Audio Technologies offer native DSD support, PCM up to 384 kHz/32-bit and customizable “Golden Ears” filter.
- Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive audio for robust, low-latency and high-quality wireless audio.
Detailed Specifications of Snapdragon 865 Plus Processor
|General Specifications||• Full Suite Snapdragon Elite Gaming features
• 7 nm Process Technology
• USB Version 3.1; USB Type-C Support
• Part Number: SM8250-AB
|5G||5G Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X55 Modem-RF System
5G Spectrum: Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS), mmWave, sub-6 GHz
5G mmWave specs: 800 MHz bandwidth, 8 carriers, 2×2 MIMO
5G sub-6 GHz specs: 200 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO
5G Peak Download Speed: 7.5 Gbps
Performance Enhancement Technologies:
• Qualcomm® 5G PowerSave,
• Qualcomm® Smart Transmit™ technology,
• Qualcomm® Wideband Envelope Tracking,
• Qualcomm® Signal Boost adaptive antenna tuning
5G Peak Upload Speed: 3 Gbps
|Integrated Modem||(LTE Category 24/22)
DL = 2500 Mbps
7x20MHz CA, 1024-QAM
UL = 316 Mbps
3x20MHz CA, 256-QAM(5G NR Sub-6 + mmWave)
DL = 7000 Mbps
UL = 3000 Mbps
|CPU||CPU Clock Speed: Up to 3.1 GHz
CPU Cores: Qualcomm® Kryo™ 585 CPU
CPU Architecture: 64-bit
|Process||Process Technology: 7 nm|
|Qualcomm® Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engine||AIE CPU: Qualcomm® Kryo™ 585 CPU
AIE GPU: Qualcomm® Adreno™ 650 GPU
• Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Vector eXtensions (HVX)
• Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Tensor Accelerator
Qualcomm Sensing Hub
• Ultra low power hub for audio, voice and sensors
• Supports AI algorithms at low power
• Support for fusing contextual data streams including sensors, audio and voice
• Supports multiple voice assistants
• Multi-mic far-field detection and echo cancellation Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Scalar Accelerator
Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 698 Processor 15: TOPS AI (Total CPU+GPU+HVX+Tensor)
|Qualcomm® FastConnect™ Subsystem||Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Subsystem: Qualcomm® FastConnect™ 6900
Wi-Fi 6-ready features: Dual-band simultaneous (DBS), MU-MIMO (Uplink and Downlink), Target Wake Time, OFDMA (Uplink and Downlink), 8×8 sounding, WPA3 security support, 4K QAM
60 GHz Wi-Fi features: Always-on Wi-Fi sensing, Wire-equivalent latency
Bluetooth Features: Qualcomm TrueWireless™ Stereo, Qualcomm® aptX™ Voice audio for super wide band voice calls, Bluetooth 5.2, Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive Audio, LE Audio Features
Wi-Fi 6 features: MU-MIMO (Uplink and Downlink), 8×8 sounding, 6 GHz operation (Wi-Fi 6E), OFDMA (Uplink and Downlink), 1024 QAM, Dual-band simultaneous (DBS), WPA3 security support, Target Wake Time, 160 MHz channel support
|Cellular Modem||Modem Name: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X55 5G modem-RF system|
|Cellular Technology||Cellular Technology: HSPA, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, CDMA 1x, EV-DO, GSM/EDGE
LTE Technology: LTE including CBRS support
|Wi-Fi||• Wi-Fi Standards: Wi-Fi 6E, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g/n
• Wi-Fi Spectral Bands: 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, 6 GHz
• Peak speed: 3.6 Gbps
• Channel Utilization: 20/40/80/160 MHz
• 8-stream sounding (for 8×8 MU-MIMO)
• MIMO Configuration: 2×2 (2-stream)
• MU-MIMO (Uplink & Downlink)
• 4K QAM
• Dual-band simultaneous (2×2 + 2×2)
• Wi-Fi Security: WPA3-Enterprise, WPA3- Enhanced Open, WPA3 Easy Connect, WPA3-Persona
• Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth 5.2
• Bluetooth features: LE Audio Features (one-to-many broadcast, audio sharing), Dual Bluetooth antennas
Bluetooth Audio: Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive Audio, LE Audio Features, aptX Voice audio for super wide band voice calls, Bluetooth 5.2, Qualcomm TrueWireless™ Stereo
|NFC||Near Field Communications: Supported|
|Location||Satellite Systems Support:
• GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC capable, GNSS and SBAS
• Dual Frequency Support
• Low Power Geofencing and Tracking, Sensorassisted Navigation
|USB||USB Version: USB 3.1, USB-C|
|ISP/Camera||Image Signal Processor: Qualcomm Spectra™ 480 image signal processor, Hardware accelerator for computer vision (CV-ISP), Dual 14-bit CV-ISPs
Qualcomm Spectra™ 480 Image Signal Processor
• Dual 14-bit ISPs
• Up to 2 Gigapixels per Second
• Hardware accelerator for computer vision (CV-ISP)
• Up to 200 Megapixel Photo Capture
• Up to 25 MP dual camera @ 30 FPS with Zero Shutter Lag
• Up to 64 MP single camera @ 30 FPS with Zero Shutter Lag • Rec. 2020 color gamut video capture
• Up to 10-bit color depth video capture
• 4K Video Capture + 64 MP Photo
• 8K Video Capture @ 30 FPS
• Slow-mo video capture at 720p @ 960 FPS
• HEIF: HEIC photo capture, HEVC video capture
• Video Capture Formats: HDR10+, HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision
• 4K Video Capture @ 120 FPS
• 4K HDR Video Capture with Portrait Mode (Bokeh) • Multi-frame Noise Reduction (MFNR)
• Real-time object classification, segmentation and replacement
• 720p960 infinite recording.
|Video||Codec Support: Dolby Vision, H.265 (HEVC), HDR10+, HLG, HDR10, H.264 (AVC), VP8, VP9|
|Display||On-Device Display Support:
• 4K @ 60 Hz
• QHD+ @ 144 Hz
Maximum External Display Support: up to 4K @ 60 Hz 10-bit color depth, Rec. 2020 color gamut
HDR10 and HDR10+ CPU
|General Audio||Audio Technology: Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Voice Assistant Accelerator, Qualcomm Aqstic™ audio codec up to Qualcomm® WCD9385
• Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N), Playback: -108dB
• Native DSD support, PCM up to 384 kHz/32-bit
• Customizable “Golden Ears” filter
Qualcomm Aqstic™ smart speaker amplifier up to Qualcomm® WSA8815, Qualcomm Aqstic™ audio technology.
|GPU||GPU Name: Qualcomm® Adreno™ 650 GPU
GPU Video Playback: Volumetric VR video playback, 8K 360 VR video playback
|Charging||Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ Technology Support: Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 4+ technology
Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ AI.
|Security Support||Qualcomm(R) Secure Processing Unit: Mobile Payment, Dual SIM/ Dual Standby
Fingerprint Sensor: Qualcomm® 3D Sonic, Qualcomm® 3D Sonic Max
Biometric Authentication: Fingerprint, Iris, Voice, Face
Security Features: Camera Security, Crypto Engine, Key Provisioning Security, Malware Protection, Qualcomm® Content Protection, Qualcomm® Mobile Security, Qualcomm® Processor Security, Qualcomm® Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), Secure Boot, Secure Token.
|Memory||Memory speed: 2750MHz
Memory Type: 4x16bit, LPDDR5
Max Type: LPDDR5-5500, LPDDR4X-4266
Supports ECC: No
Supports UFS: Yes, UFS 3.0, UFS 3.1
Max Mem: 16 GB
Frequency: 2750 MHz/s
Width: 16 bit
Max Bandwidth: 44 GB/s
Bandwidth: 44 GB/s
|Part||Part Numbers: SM8250-AB|
|Cache memory||Prime Cortex A77:
3 core cluster cortex A77:
Quad-core cluster Cortex-A55:
L3 cache: 4 MB
System Level Cache: 3 MB
- Snapdragon 870 VS Snapdragon 750G | Full Comparison
- Timeline and generations of intel
- Timeline AMD processor