Both the SOCs Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 870 and Dimensity 1000 Plus are recently launched and both the chipsets are equipped with 5G capabilities. Now we have compared these two processors on the basis of pros and cons, Geekbench, Antutu, and technical specifications.
Tenzys Tech Score
Qualcomm Snapdragon 870
Overall Good chipset in Flagship Series.
Mediatek Dimensity 1000 Plus
A decent performer in Flagship Series.
- 1 Major differences between Snapdragon 870 Vs Dimensity 1000 Plus
- 2 Full comparison between Snapdragon 870 vs Dimensity 1000 Plus
- 3 Gaming Performance
- 4 Antutu 8
- 5 GeekBench 5
- 6 Display
- 7 CPU
- 8 Graphics
- 9 Memory
- 10 Multimedia (ISP)
- 11 Connectivity
- 12 Info
- 13 Additional
- 14 Review by Tenzys Tech
- 15 FAQ
- 16 Kirin 9000 vs Apple A14 Bionic – Full Comparison and Benchmarks
- 17 Snapdragon 778G vs Snapdragon 768G | Full comparison
- 18 Snapdragon 780G vs Snapdragon 778G | Benchmarks and Full Specifications
Major differences between Snapdragon 870 Vs Dimensity 1000 Plus
Pros of Qualcomm Snapdragon 870
- CPU Clockspeed of SD 870 is ~23% higher than Dimensity 1000 Plus(3200 vs 2600).
- Downloading bandwidth of SD 870 is ~47% higher than Dimensity 1000 Plus (44 Gbit/s vs 29.87 Gbit/s).
- 5G Band: Download speed of SD 870 is ~59.57% faster than Dimensity 1000 Plus (7.5 Gbps vs 4.7 Gbps). LTE Band: Download speed of SD 870 is ~108.3% faster than Dimensity 1000 Plus (2.5 Gbps vs 1.2 Gbps).
- 5G Band: Upload speed of SD 870 is ~20% faster than Dimensity 1000 Plus (3 Gbps vs 2.5 Gbps).
- Higher Antutu 8 benchmark of SD 870 by ~35.39% (644114 vs 475742).
- SD 870 has ~47.37% faster memory than Dimensity 1000 Plus (2750 vs 1866 MHz).
- Game optimization for Snapdragon processors by developers is more often than Mediatek Dimensity processors.
- Latest Chipset launched 9 months later than Dimensity 1000 Plus.
Pros of Dimensity 1000 Plus
- Instruction set is latest hence better.
- 44.80% higher GPU Frequency then SD 870.
Full comparison between Snapdragon 870 vs Dimensity 1000 Plus
|Qualcomm Snapdragon 870||MediaTek Dimensity 1000 Plus|
|PUBG Mobile||–||45 FPS|
|Call of Duty: Mobile||–||55 FPS|
|Shadowgun Legends||–||58 FPS|
|World of Tanks Blitz||–||56 FPS|
|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang||–||59 FPS|
|Max On-Device Display||4K @ 60 Hz, QHD+ @ 144 Hz||FHD+ @ 120 Hz|
|Max External Display||4K @ 60 Hz||QHD @ 60Hz|
|Color Depth||Up to 10-bit||Up to 10-bit|
|Architecture||1x 3.2 GHz – Kryo 585 Prime (Cortex-A77)|
3x 2.42 GHz – Kryo 585 Gold (Cortex-A77)
4x 1.8 GHz – Kryo 585 Silver (Cortex-A55)
|4x 2.6 GHz – Cortex-A77|
4x 2 GHz – Cortex-A55
|Base Frequency||1.8 GHz||1.8 GHz|
|3200 MHz||2600 MHz|
|L1 cache||512 KB||–|
|L2 cache||1 MB||–|
|L3 cache||4 MB||0.512 MB|
|Process||7 nanometers||7 nanometers|
|TDP||10 Watt||10 Watt|
|GPU name||Adreno 650||Mali-G77 MC9 + HyperEngine 2.0|
|GPU frequency||645 MHz||850 MHz|
|Memory frequency||2750 MHz||1866 MHz|
|Bus||4x 16 Bit||2x 16 Bit|
|Max bandwidth||44 Gbit/s||29.87 Gbit/s|
|Max size||16 GB||16 GB|
|Neural processor (NPU)||Hexagon 698||MediaTek APU 3.0|
|Storage type||UFS 3.0, UFS 3.1||UFS 2.2|
|Max display resolution||3840 x 2160||2520 x 1080|
|Max camera resolution||1x 200MP, 2x 25MP||1x 80MP, 2x 32MP|
|Video capture||8K at 30FPS, 4K at 60FPS||4K at 30FPS|
|Video playback||8K at 30FPS||4K at 30FPS|
|Video codecs||H.264, H.265, VP8, VP9||H.264, H.265, AV1, VP9|
|Audio codecs||AAC, AIFF, CAF, MP3, MP4, WAV||AIFF, CAF, MP3, MP4, WAV|
|Modem||X55||Integrated 5G Modem|
|4G support||LTE Cat. 24||LTE Cat. 18|
|Download speed||5G Band- Up to 7.5 Gbps, LTE – Up to 2.5 Gbps||5G Band- Up to 4.7 Gbps, LTE- Up to 1.2 Gbps|
|Upload speed||5G Band- Up to 3 Gbps, LTE- Up to 316 Mbps||5G Band- Upto 2.5Gbps, LTE- Up to 316 Mbps|
|Navigation||GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS, NAVIC||GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS|
|Announced||January 2021||May 2020|
|Model number||SM8250-ACSM8250-AC||Dimensity 1000+|
|Official page||Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 official site||MediaTek Dimensity 1000 Plus official site|
|Charging||Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology|
Qualcomm Quick Charge AI
Review by Tenzys Tech
CPU of Snapdragon 870 is clocked up to 3.2 GHz while Dimensity 1000 Plus is clocked up to 2.6 GHz which makes the SD 870 a better option than Dimensity 1000 Plus.
GPU of chipset snapdragon 870 is equipped with Adreno 650 which is clocked up to 645 MHz while on another side Dimensity 1000 Plus equipped with Mali-G77 MC9 which is clocked up to 850 MHz. So for graphically intensive tasks, Dimensity 1000 Plus is better.
In SD 870 memory type is LPDDR5 which is energy efficient while Dimensity 1000 Plus comprises LPDDR4x which is less energy efficient as compared to LPDDR5. In fact, the memory frequency of SD 870 is 2750 MHz with 4 MB L3 cache while in Dimensity 1000 Plus it is 1866 MHz with only 512 KB L3 cache. So in this section SD 870 would be a good option.
Display and Camera
In-display section, Snapdragon 870 supports display up to 4k resolution on 144Hz refresh rate while display resolution in Dimensity 1000 Plus supports only up to 1080+ (Full HD+) resolution up to 144 Hz.
Snapdragon 870 supports camera resolution up to 8K resolution while Dimesity supports only up to 4K resolution.
Q1. Which is better Snapdragon 870 or Dimesity 1000 Plus?
Ans. Snapdragon 870 is better than Dimensity 1000 Plus as SD 870 CPU clocked up to 3.2 GHz SOC while Dimensity 1000 Plus clocked up to 2.6 GHz. In several segments like display, camera, memory, SD 870 performs better as compared to Dimensity 1000 Plus.
Q2. Which is the best Snapdragon processor?
Ans. Recently, Snapdragon 888 is the best and latest flagship-level processor available by Qualcomm.
Q3. Which MediaTek processor is equal to Snapdragon 865?
Ans. Dimensity 1000 Plus is launched to compete with Snapdragon 865 Processor.