Qualcomm’s both the SOCs SD 870 and SD 750G are recently launched and both the chipsets are equipped with 5G capabilities. Now we have compared these two processors on the basis of pros and cons, Geekbench, Antutu, and technical specifications.
Tenzys Tech Score
- 1 Major differences between Snapdragon 870 Vs Snapdragon 750G
- 2 Full comparison between Snapdragon 870 vs Snapdragon 750G
- 3 Antutu 8
- 4 GeekBench 5
- 5 Display
- 6 CPU
- 7 Graphics
- 8 Memory
- 9 Multimedia (ISP)
- 10 Connectivity
- 11 Info
- 12 Additional
- 13 Review by Tenzys Tech
- 14 FAQ
- 15 Kirin 9000 vs Apple A14 Bionic – Full Comparison and Benchmarks
- 16 Snapdragon 778G vs Snapdragon 768G | Full comparison
- 17 Snapdragon 780G vs Snapdragon 778G | Benchmarks and Full Specifications
Major differences between Snapdragon 870 Vs Snapdragon 750G
Pros of Qualcomm Snapdragon 870
- Clockspeed of SD 870 is 32.25% higher than SD 750G(3200 vs 2200).
- Memory bandwidth of SD 870 is 158.8% greater than SD 750G (44 Gbit/s vs 17 Gbit/s).
- 5G Band: Download speed of SD 870 is 102.7% faster than SD 750G (7.5 Gbps vs 3.7 Gbps). LTE Band: Download speed of SD 870 is 108.3% faster than SD 750G (2.5 Gbps vs 1.2 Gbps).
- 5G Band: Upload speed of SD 870 is 87.5% faster than SD 750G (3 Gbps vs 1.6 Gbps). LTE Band: Upload speed of SD 870 is 50.4% faster than SD 750G (316 Mbps vs 210 Mbps).
- Higher Antutu 8 benchmark of SD 870 by 96.46% (644114 vs 327845).
- SD 870 has 28.92% faster memory than SD 750G (2750 vs 2133).
- 14.28% Smaller semiconductor size of SD 870 as compared to SD 650G (7nm vs 8nm).
Pros of Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G
- Instruction set is latest hence better.
Full comparison between Snapdragon 870 vs Snapdragon 750G
|Qualcomm Snapdragon 870||Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G|
|Max On-Device Display||4K @ 60 Hz, QHD+ @ 144 Hz||FHD+ @ 120 Hz|
|Max External Display||4K @ 60 Hz||QHD @ 60Hz|
|Color Depth||Up to 10-bit||Up to 10-bit|
|Architecture||1x 3.2 GHz – Kryo 585 Prime (Cortex-A77)|
3x 2.42 GHz – Kryo 585 Gold (Cortex-A77)
4x 1.8 GHz – Kryo 585 Silver (Cortex-A55)
|2x 2.2 GHz – Kryo 570 Gold (Cortex-A77)|
6x 1.8 GHz – Kryo 570 Silver (Cortex-A55)
|Base Frequency||1.8 GHz||1.8 GHz|
|3200 MHz||2200 MHz|
|L1 cache||512 KB||64KB (ARM Cortex-A77)|
|L2 cache||1 MB||512 KB|
|L3 cache||4 MB||4 MB|
|Process||7 nanometers||8 nanometers|
|TDP||10 Watt||5 Watt|
|GPU name||Adreno 650||Adreno 619|
|Architecture||Adreno 600||Adreno 600|
|GPU frequency||645 MHz||–|
|Memory frequency||2750 MHz||2133 MHz|
|Bus||4x 16 Bit||2x 16 Bit|
|Max bandwidth||44 Gbit/s||17 Gbit/s|
|Max size||16 GB||12 GB|
|Neural processor (NPU)||Hexagon 698||Hexagon 694|
|Storage type||UFS 3.0, UFS 3.1||UFS 2.1, UFS 2.2, UFS 3.0|
|Max display resolution||3840 x 2160||2520 x 1080|
|Max camera resolution||1x 200MP, 2x 25MP||1x 192MP, 2x 32MP|
|Video capture||8K at 30FPS, 4K at 60FPS||4K at 30FPS|
|Video playback||8K at 30FPS||4K at 30FPS|
|Video codecs||H.264, H.265, VP8, VP9||H.264, H.265, VP8, VP9|
|Audio codecs||AAC, AIFF, CAF, MP3, MP4, WAV||AIFF, CAF, MP3, MP4, WAV|
|4G support||LTE Cat. 24||LTE Cat. 18|
|Download speed||5G Band- Up to 7.5 Gbps, LTE – Up to 2.5 Gbps||5G Band- Up to 3.7 Gbps, LTE- Up to 1.2 Gbps|
|Upload speed||5G Band- Up to 3 Gbps, LTE- Up to 316 Mbps||5G Band- Upto 1.6 Gbps LTE- Up to 210 Mbps|
|Navigation||GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS, NAVIC||GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS, NAVIC|
|Announced||January 2021||September 2020|
|Official page||Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 official site||Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G official site|
|Charging||Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology|
Qualcomm Quick Charge AI
|Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology|
Review by Tenzys Tech
CPU of snapdragon 870 is clocked up to 3.2 GHz while snapdragon 750G is clocked up to 2.2 GHz which makes the SD 870 a better option than SD 750G.
GPU of chipset snapdragon 870 is equipped with Adreno 650 while the snapdragon 750G is equipped with Adreno 619. Frankly, Adreno 650 is much better than Adreno 619.
Max size of main memory (RAM) supported in SD 870 is 16 GB while SD 750G only supports up to 12 GB. In fact, in SD 870 memory type is LPDDR5 which is energy efficient while SD 750G comprises LPDDR4x which is less energy efficient as compared to LPDDR5.
Energy efficiency and battery life
As the facts seen by the specifications in which SD 870 built on 7nm process technology while on another hand SD 750G built on 8nm technology. This concludes that SD 870 is better than SD 750G as the small size semiconductor indicates the more no. of transistors embedded in SOC (System On Chip) which is not only energy efficient but also significantly enhances the performance of the chipset.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 870
The overall good chipset in flagship series.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G
Overall good performer in the Mid-range series.
Q1. Which is better Snapdragon 870 or 750G?
Ans. Snapdragon 870 is better than Snapdragon 750G as SD 870 is flagship SOC while SD 750G is mid-range SOC. In almost all the segments like CPU(3.2 GHz vs 2.2GHz), GPU(Adreno 650 vs Adreno 619), built process (7nm vs 8nm) SD 870 performs better as compared to SD 750G. Only the instruction set is good in SD 750G that is “ARMv8.3-A” which is the latest one.
Q2. Which is the best SD processor?
Ans. Recently, Snapdragon 888 is the best and latest flagship-level processor available by Qualcomm.