Redmi, a Chinese smartphone manufacturer, has officially released the Redmi Note 12S in Poland after selling many Redmi Note 12 series handsets in other regions, including India. The smartphone was introduced with a MediaTek Helio G96 CPU, a 108MP primary camera, a 5,000mAh battery, and many other features.
The 4G smartphone was introduced in Poland, however, the launch date in India has not yet been announced. Let’s look at the Redmi Note 12S’s pricing, features, and other information.
Key Specs of Redmi Note 12S
- Connectivity: Dual Sim, 3G, 4G, VoLTE, Wi-Fi, NFC, IR Blaster
- Processor: Helio G96, Octa Core, 2.05 GHz Processor
- RAM & Storage: 6 GB RAM, 64 GB inbuilt
- Battery: 5000 mAh Battery with 67W Fast Charging
- Display: 6.43 inches, 1080 x 2400 px, 90 Hz Display with Punch Hole
- Camera: 108 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP Triple Rear & 12 MP Front Camera
- External Storage: Memory Card Supported, upto 512 GB
- OS: Android v13
Redmi Note 12S price, design, colors
- The pricing of the recently released Redmi Note 12S in Poland for the 8GB+256GB storage configuration is 1,499 Polish Zloty (about Rs 29,500).
- The Redmi Note 12S has a punch-hole cutout in the front’s center and thin bezels as part of its design.
- There is a volume rocker and a power button on the right edge.
- A sizable rectangular module with an LED flash, two more regular cutouts, and a main sensor is located on the back of the phone. The Redmi logo is displayed on the rear panel.
- Onyx Black, Ice Blue, and Pearl Green are the three color options available for the smartphone at launch.
Redmi Note 12S specifications
The 6.43-inch Redmi Note 12S has a full-HD+ (2400 x 1080) AMOLED DotDisplay screen and boasts a refresh rate of up to 90Hz, a maximum local brightness of 1,000nits, and a pixel density of 409ppi. The display also supports Reading Mode 3.0 and has a contrast ratio of 4,500,000:1.
A MediaTek Helio G96 4G SoC with an ARM Mali-G57 MC2 GPU, up to 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM, and up to 256GB of UFS2.2 internal storage power the phone. A dedicated slot supports the use of a microSD card to increase storage capacity to 1TB. The phone automatically launches MIUI 14 on top of Android 13.
The Redmi Note 12S offers a triple rear camera set in the photography section. 108-megapixel main sensor, an 8-megapixel sensor with ultra-wide lens, and a 2-megapixel sensor with macro lens are all part of the arrangement. An LED flash is located on the rectangular module in the top-left corner of the rear panel to go along with these. At the top of the display, there is a center-aligned hole-punch cutout that houses the 16-megapixel front camera.
In terms of power, the Redmi Note 12S has a 5,000mAh battery and supports 33W fast charging. The phone also has a 3.5mm audio jack, a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, and an AI face unlock capability. It also has a USB Type-C charging connector. The handset is 159.87mm x 73.87mm x 8.09mm in dimension and weighs 176 grams.
How the Redmi Note 12S is different from Redmi 11S?
With a similar set of specifications, the newly launched Redmi Note 12S shares many similarities with the Redmi 11S. However, the notable difference between both smartphones is the removal of the depth sensor in the Redmi Note 12S. Additionally, the Redmi Note 12S comes with an upgraded Android/MIUI operating system.